Category: Community

Metroid Database Make-a-Metroid Contest Results

The results for Metroid Database’s Make-a-Metroid Contest are up. The first prize is an incredibly intricate submission, and worthy of the win. The contest, the first in the site’s history, celebrates the 13th anniversary of the Metroid Database, one of the longest-standing Metroid fan sites in existence. You can view the winners, honourable mentions, and all of the other submissions…

Sakura-Con 2009

Sakura-Con took place last weekend, from 10 – 12 April in Seattle. I took a bunch of pictures, and met up with some friends. I didn’t buy anything. I wasn’t even remotely tempted to buy anything. I haven’t been watching much anime in recent years, and a lot of the merchandise was related to anime that I’m not familiar with.…

Positives of Women-Oriented Gaming Communities

The September issue of Cerise Magazine included an article on "the positive aspects of women-oriented gaming communities". I know that many gamers, men and women, are against women-only or women-oriented gaming communities, guilds, and clans on the basis that these communities segregate and that they divide women gamers from the gaming community as a whole. They argue that the only…

PAX: Cosplay

Phoenix Wright: Guild Wars Monks: These Monks won the Guild Wars costume contest. Their prize pack contained a Logitech gaming keyboard and a Logitech gaming mouse. The male Monk wore his costume in response to a dare from Gaile Gray, ArenaNet Community Relations Manager, yesterday.