Category: Community

Shadow Over Kingsmouth

Last week, the clever members of The Secret World community were busily deciphering cryptic clues posted on the @thedarkplaces Twitter account. One of the notable clues was this telling post on 21st January: From a king, in the king’s version, about a king. The signs are converging. The future holds only darkness for them. And then the next day, this clue: Daniel…

Metroid Database Make-a-Metroid Contest Results

The results for Metroid Database’s Make-a-Metroid Contest are up. The first prize is an incredibly intricate submission, and worthy of the win. The contest, the first in the site’s history, celebrates the 13th anniversary of the Metroid Database, one of the longest-standing Metroid fan sites in existence. You can view the winners, honourable mentions, and all of the other submissions…

The Border House: Breaking Down Borders in Gaming

I joined forces with a group of cool people to start a feminist-friendly and inclusive group gaming and virtual worlds blog. After weeks of planning, setup, and flurries of emails all around, The Border House is now up and running. The majority of group gaming blogs tend to be exclusively run by, written by, and implicitly written for straight, white males. Whether those barriers…

Sakura-Con 2009

Sakura-Con took place last weekend, from 10 – 12 April in Seattle. I took a bunch of pictures, and met up with some friends. I didn’t buy anything. I wasn’t even remotely tempted to buy anything. I haven’t been watching much anime in recent years, and a lot of the merchandise was related to anime that I’m not familiar with.…