Mirror’s Edge Runner’s Bag

Eee! My Mirror’s Edge “Runner’s Bag Bundle” was waiting for me at my doorstep when I returned home from work. The bundle included the game and a limited edition Timbuk2 messenger bag.

The outside of the bag:

Timbuk2 Mirror's Edge Bag - Outside
Inside flap:

Timbuk2 Mirror's Edge Bag - Inside
Inside flap, detail:

Timbuk2 Mirror's Edge Bag - Inside - Detail

21 comments for “Mirror’s Edge Runner’s Bag

1. 12 November 2008 at 21:35

That bag is gorgeous! I want one :)

2. 12 November 2008 at 21:52

@ Bukola: Indeed it is a thing of wonder. :-D

3. swampers
    12 November 2008 at 23:24

Well check you out, Ms Special! Tis an awesomely shiney bag! :)

4. 13 November 2008 at 04:49

Very cool.

5. 13 November 2008 at 07:12

I still suspect that I’d startle myself every time I opened it. But the outside is very nice. Congrats!

6. Twyst
    13 November 2008 at 08:25

Yeeeees, we are hardcore nerds! I used my bag last night and this morning, it’s BIG. It was a bit long to fit under the train seat, but i still loves it! I finished chapters 1 and 2 of the game last night <3

7. Rob
    13 November 2008 at 12:33

That is the coolest! The picture is so startling, I love it. Plus, only 200 made!? Nice!

8. 13 November 2008 at 15:21

Sexeh!!

9. 13 November 2008 at 15:56

Wow, only 200 made, lucky you. Looks awesome too! =D

10. 14 November 2008 at 16:33

That’s awesome! Kinda wish I preordered just for the bag, now. o_O

I just downloaded the demo version today (I know, need to get on the ball more), and I must say, I really felt the adrenaline pumping, especially when there were Blues firing at me.

How’s the actual game, though? I really don’t like FPSes that much, but this one seems to be focusing more on acrobatics. Is there a lot of disarming and shooting?

11. 14 November 2008 at 19:20

@ koukou: I don’t play FPSs, much less on a console, so I am finding the controls difficult. That said, I am enjoying the game.

I always try to run away from enemies, because Faith is not a strong melee combatant at all. She can disarm opponents, but it’s really hard to take on more than one.

12. 15 November 2008 at 11:32

I think Faith is a ninja in training. The guy running the Mirror’s Edge section of the EA both at PAX pulled of some pretty crazt stuff. At the part when you drop out of the vent, he took on all 4 blues without taking a hit. Sadly, I was not about to duplicate this feat. Too bad the PC version was delayed.

13. 17 November 2008 at 16:54

@Twyst

Yes, yes you two ARE huge nerds. :-D

@Wolf
    I think Faith is a ninja in training.

Would you think that if she wasn’t Asian?

14. 18 November 2008 at 12:18

@oliemoon

Interesting question. With all due respect, do you think that’s what Wolf was implying?

15. 18 November 2008 at 14:00

@Oliemoon & Thomas: Nothing implied, and yes, I would still say that regardless of whether or not she was Asian.

16. 21 November 2008 at 10:53

do you think it’d fit as a plane carry-on? the shapes of those sometimes give me a headache on teeny tiny cheapo flights.

17. 21 November 2008 at 12:55

I’m not sure that it would fit on the smaller planes, but I think it would fit under the seat in front on a Boeing 747 or 777.

Thanks for stopping by *ginevra, I am honoured. =)

18. 24 November 2008 at 00:50

I doubt that he intentionally meant to imply that; I just can’t help but wonder how much Western exotification/fetishization of Asia comes into play whenever the subject of ninjas comes up, be it conscious or unconscious.

19. 29 November 2008 at 06:30

I agree on the fetishization (see also: samurai, pretty much any mention of martial arts) but in this usage Wolf didn’t seem to have any overt racial connotation in mind. I read it as more of a job description.

The word “ninja” is a tricky one anyway–online, it’s gotten some degree of pop-cultural ubiquity that may be (but isn’t necessarily) divorced from its original context, instead simply standing in as a synonym for “extreme competence” (books titled “Secrets of the Javascript Ninja,” that kind of thing).

I blame those goddamn turtles, personally.

20. Joe
    28 November 2009 at 14:10

Can I Buy This Bag Off You?
    or do you know somewhere/someone i can get one from?

21. 29 November 2009 at 02:41

The bag isn’t for sale, but I have seen the same bag put up for auction on eBay a few times over the past year. The last time I saw the bag available on eBay, the reserve price was $450.00 USD. I’d suggest creating a keyword search and having eBay send you automatic alerts when there are auctions matching the search. Good luck. :-)