More Guild Wars Stuff to Buy

The new Guild Wars Skill (and Item) Unlock Packs are on sale for 50% off until 31st December. The Skill Unlock Packs provide players the following benefits:

• Immediately use these unlocked skills for your Heroes and PvP characters.
  • These skills (except elite skills) also become available for your PvE characters to learn from any Skill Trainer.

This is great because I don’t have to spend time playing on other Professions so that I can have access to skills that I would like my Heroes to have. I have loads and loads of skills for Necromancers and Mesmers, but not so much for the others. Of course, if I want to have any of the unlocked skills in my characters’ arsenal, I will still have to pay one platinum to a Skill Trainer for each skill. I will also need to capture any Elite skill that I would like to use myself.

Guild Wars Skill Unlock Packs On Sale
Also, Guild Wars merchandise is now available. Unfortunately, they do not sell the t-shirts women’s sizes. I snagged the shirts (with the Charr and the other one with Nika, Melonni, and Eve) in size Small before they ran out, as they tend to do.

NCsoft Europe sells Profession shirts in women’s sizes, but I don’t play an Elementalist, Ranger, or Monk. The Guild Wars hoodies are nice, but they’re so expensive, and with the Dollar so week against the Pound, there is no way I am going to spend nearly $100 for one.

I keep posting about stuff to buy, but we are coming up on that time of year again.

6 comments for “More Guild Wars Stuff to Buy

1. bigwig
    19 November 2007 at 04:33

Honestly i’m pretty unimpressed by the selection of merchandise. The shirts in particular are a dissappointment. The things they could do with shirts, and thats what we get? Nearly generic patterns that nobody really cares about from guild wars? with the selection of skill icons they’ve accrued i feel confident they could have come up with something better. A few of the posters aren’t bad, and i bought the pins for a pin freak friend of mine, but I won’t be buying anything else from them. Neither will i be buying skill packs, mostly because i don’t need them, i’ve played through the game too much with too many professions.

2. 19 November 2007 at 07:53

I don’t care for any of the posters, and the concept art was kind of disappointing as well, as I already have two of the prints signed.

The pins are kind of useless for me since I wouldn’t actually pin them on anything. They would just sort of sit in a box and look pretty, like my current Skill pins do.

I like the Charr shirt the most, but the “Lovely Ladies of Tyria” (stupid name) is a truly generic shirt.

They could have done a lot better, though, you’re right.

3. Id
    19 November 2007 at 12:44

I think I am going to pick the skill packs up. It has been fun capping skills for my heroes but I could spend that time actually completing the game.

The merch isn’t that exciting to me. I’d rather get stuff from Threadless.

4. 19 November 2007 at 13:27

ANet having a great idea but failing to execute it well? Shocking.

5. 19 November 2007 at 18:41

I’m def going to buy the unlock packs cause I’m lazy and I suck at Guild Wars. So yeah.

Moar merch plzkthx, store.

6. 29 November 2007 at 07:19

I agree with bigwig on the spread of GW swag. However, the actual shop is fairly new, and this is just the first volley of actual official GW merchandise you can get without winning some contest or GvG tournament and I’m sure Anet will eventually add more (at least, I hope so), especially as more and more players demand more and more items to spend their liquid funds on.

As far as the unlock packs, I haven’t bought any of those yet, myself… and I’m not sure if I ever will. Matter o’ fact, I’ve only bought character slots and the GOTY upgrade for Prophecies, and that was really all I was interested in from the online store, but I go on capping runs regularly, especially when it’s 2x or 3x exp, for my Paragon who is striving for Legendary Survivor. :)