Factions Main Quest Completed

Despite my crippled play (my roll-up portable keyboard is not as nice as a hard keyboard) on the laptop and an unco-operative mouse, I did manage to complete Guild Wars Factions (finally!) with my Canthan Warrior/Mesmer over the weekend. With extreme difficulty, I Henched Raisu Palace. I spent the better part of the day stubbornly insisting to myself that I could do this Mission with Heroes and Henchmen. Then I tried the last Mission, Imperial Sanctum, a few times on my own, but in the end I decided to PUG it. I joined the first group looking for tanks, and we finished the Mission in 1:29 (that’s one minute and twenty-nine seconds), getting the Master’s Reward. I also got another piece for my Warrior’s Kurzick Ascended Armour, the helmet. She looked really stupid with her Canthan Helmet (Collectors’), so I wanted to get this piece as soon as I had the money and crafting materials.

I plan on playing a lot of Guild Wars as soon as my computer and furniture arrive. I haven’t been too serious about the game for a while due to World of Warcraft for a few months, this new job/relocation thing, personal stuff, family stuff, etc. But now… Now, it’s time to get serious! I have exploring and Skill hunting to do, as well as baby characters to take through their respective campaigns. It’s serious business!

6 comments for “Factions Main Quest Completed

1. 20 March 2007 at 15:12

I love Guild Wars but struggled to love Factions….

Good luck in the new place/new life. I hope it brings good tidings of much gaming.

2. 20 March 2007 at 15:57

Thank you, wearfannypacks. :)

Factions is even more polarising than Guild Wars itself. I thought Kaineng City was horrible and gross, and was hoping for something nicer in the Echovald Forest (I’m allied to the Kurzick faction), but it’s dark and dreary so far. I’m working on my Warrior’s Explorer title in Factions.

I also have a new Factions Ranger/Monk to take through the game, for mostly shallow reasons — I want to get him a Moa Bird pet, or possibly the Phoenix pet.

3. 20 March 2007 at 17:03

It’s not even that Factions was bad, it just felt like it lacked the personality and allure of Prophecies. I never played Nightfall, so I can’t comment. I heard it was awesome.

I’m more of a fan of the Luxon look myself:)… /shrinks in fear of flames

4. 20 March 2007 at 19:19

I just invested in a new gfx card and power supply for the Cheapbox PC.

If they pan out, I hope to get back into Guild Wars :)

5. bigwig
    20 March 2007 at 21:38

The story in factions is pretty bad, and the voice acting, which may account for a lack of charisma. Yet, after i left the city, i was ok with the landscapes. Lux territory is quite a counter to the kurzick dreariness.

You going for the black moa brinstar?

6. 21 March 2007 at 09:04

Yeah, I agree. The voice acting in Factions was terrible. I’m not sure if they were trying to do a sly take on bad dubbing of Hong Kong movies or what, but yeah.

Yes, I am going for the Black Moa. ;)