Overheard in Ashenvale: One Night Elf Says to the Other

I was walking east on the road in Ashenvale and see two male Night Elves walking towards me. Nearby is the corpse of a player. It appears to be an Undead character. One of the Night Elves says to the other, “He’s dead now. Let’s go skull fuck him.” Then they bound over to the corpse and proceed with their business.

Sorry, no punchline here.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, he could have said: “He’s dead. Now let’s go skull fuck him.” The player didn’t use punctuation or whatnot. :P

10 comments for “Overheard in Ashenvale: One Night Elf Says to the Other

1. Reva
    28 November 2006 at 21:17

I can honestly say I have *never* heard the term “skull fuck” Horde side. Mostly references to how “gay” the Night Elves are, but most of it’s pretty tame.

And I PVP a lot.

Alliance; so classy.

2. bigwig
    29 November 2006 at 03:40

Aww i wish the luxon/kurzick factions created this level of hatred in guild wars.

3. 29 November 2006 at 08:05

That’s a good point you touch upon. Blizzard helps create the anti-other sentiment by not allowing members of the opposing faction to communicate. When one of the Horde speaks, all you see is gibberish (Orcish). The non instanced game world also helps to sustain and create the artificually-generated hatred because any of the opposing faction can kill you when they see you running around on your quest.

I have to admit that I get a bit of a thrill wandering through Horde territory, hoping to avoid those Hordies so that I can explore the map a bit more.

One of the thing that the Luxon/Kurzick war in Factions has over the Horde/Alliance rivalry is the fluid border and faction-controlled outposts. The Luxon/Kurzick alliance battles have a real impact on whether you can access certain resources in outposts.

From what I can tell so far in WoW, how well one side is doing compared to the other side has no impact on the rest of the game world. So if Alliance win Arathi Basin for the 53rd time in the day compared to the Horde winning 198 times, it’s not as if the Alliance are denied anything (such as access to a city) based on losing the map so many times.

4. 29 November 2006 at 08:52

All that ruminating and philosophizing and shallow me just wants to know what’s the emote for skull fuck in WoW?

I gotta find good peeps to hook up with in GW so I can get past the frakkin’ task I’m stuck on – my henchman just don’t cut it. Argh.

5. 29 November 2006 at 09:01

I don’t know that there is an emote for that! If so, I will be disturbed!

What are you stuck on in GW? Let’s exchange character names, so when I return to it, maybe we can do a couple of Missions or quest or something. :)

6. bigwig
    29 November 2006 at 22:48

another thing that helps the horde/alliance hatred is probably just plain being able to see whether someone is horde or alliance by looking at them. Human beings have never had much trouble discriminating against others on the basis of what they look like.

7. 1 December 2006 at 18:36

I’ve got Kunoichi Jain, or Talila Jain – Talila’s the one stuck at the Boreas Seabed. Keeps dying just as she’s about to complete that mission/quest/thingy.

8. 3 December 2006 at 10:54

I’ve added you to my Friends List, and I will message you when I see you.

9. michael