My Assassin, the Narutard

My Assassin looks like one of those Narutards you see walking around at anime conventions, except she has cooler clothes:

Assassin Shing Jea Nightstalker Guise
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I just liked the spiky hair. Its coolness blinded me to the silly metal plate decorating your headband and to the connection to Naruto.

[Picture: Narutard headband]

[Picture: Naruto Uzumaki]

6 comments for “My Assassin, the Narutard

1. Franswiggidy
    26 May 2006 at 01:58

I started playing guildwars a month back based on what you had been writing about it. I was wondering how much different is GWA from GW? Ive been playing as an elemental and my biggest complaint is that there isn’t much room to customize the way he looks, I was very disappointed in that. but back to your character it looks pretty cool.

2. 26 May 2006 at 03:05

Yeah, the lack of customisation options for character appearance has always been a problem for me. Mind you, the character designs overall are attractive, but it would be nice if we had more options. I feel like certain Professions have more interesting/attractive options than others, leaving other Professions slammed with only a few nice ones.

One of the most noticeable differences between Guild Wars and Guild Wars: Factions is that you level up much faster in Factions. The tutorial on gameplay basics is more condensed, but it’s also more in-depth (I feel), and it spoon-feeds you more than in the original. The learning curve for new players seems a bit steeper because more information is packed into a faster level progression. That’s the way it feels to me, anyway.

Other key differences:

* You earn fewer Skills from Quests, rather you’re meant to buy most of them from Skill trainers or capture them. But I feel that there is also more money available from drops, so you can afford them.

* Two more Professions to choose from

* Existence of a new meta-game (Alliance Battles)wherein players will earn Faction for their chosen side and decide which Faction has control of certain towns (and access to Missions and NPCs within those towns). It might make it hard for people in small guilds to participate because the Alliance with the most Faction controls certain towns. This means that those with time to “farm” Faction all day can keep/get control. Irritating.

* Elimination of Bonus Missions involving specific tasks, replaced by bonus rewards for completing Missions in the shortest amount of time possible

* Feels like the game wants you to group with other players (rather than Henchmen) even more than the previous game

This might help with more details on differences.

3. bigwig
    26 May 2006 at 20:56

believe it!

4. 28 May 2006 at 07:34

I think your Assassin and my Assassin were separated at birth! Except I don’t have the headband thingy for mine. Don’t you love a game that lets you accessorize with knives???

5. 30 May 2006 at 06:26

YES, I hate that every character is now sporting some type of medieval face-blocking technology; however, the ability to “hide” your particular classes mask and cape anytime you want is pure genius.

6. 6 July 2006 at 22:38

I didn’t like the face cover at first either, but now I’ve actually grown so accustomed to it that I won’t remove it in the cities. I no longer like my character with it off! I feel like the little kid on Big Daddy with the sun glasses heh heh.