I’m Being Hunted

Thomas and I had lunch yesterday. My secret identity was publicly revealed. Oh the horror!

In what can only be a meeting cunningly orchestrated by some manner of amoral, space-born, god-like creature, manipulating humankind from the bottom of the ocean, this morning we spotted each other at the Metro station on the way to work. We played two matches of Metroid Prime: Hunters on the train, and I was shamefully defeated.

BTW, my match with Seth last night for the Spring Tournament of Bloggers ended in my defeat 2-1. Good game, Seth! Best of luck in the next round.

Oh, and the pre- and post-game voice chat is neat. Very neat.

I need more practice! :P

P.S. — I know too many Thomases. Thomasi? Like the Mikes of the world, you must all be catalogued and barcoded.

8 comments for “I’m Being Hunted

1. 5 May 2006 at 07:15

Meeting another gamer on the Metro and getting to play two matches before a work day is the perfect commercial for Nintendo ;)

2. 5 May 2006 at 07:18

Too bad she’s the ONLY PERSON I’VE EVER SEEN WITH A DS ON THE METRO.

3. 5 May 2006 at 07:20

I haven’t seen any DSs on the train apart from Thomas, either. I did see a guy playing a game on his PSP once, though.

Josh: I wonder why I am not getting paid for this priceless, word-of-mouth advertising. There is something wrong here.

4. 5 May 2006 at 07:31

I’ve seen a couple PSPs. It’s always the same two people though.

If we run into each other again, we will have to try a different game. I need to get some fruit from your town, too–I haven’t been able to get any peaches yet.

Maybe you should start carrying that GDC swag around with you, so the next time we meet I can go ahead and get the first-prize for the tournament after I beat Josh tomorrow.

5. 5 May 2006 at 07:37

We should definitely schedule an AC visit. You should visit Melba. So far she’s threatened to leave once, but I’ve managed to keep her in town. She sometimes mentions you, which is kind of neat.

Those be fighting words! The Venus Blue clock is calling to you.

6. Id
    5 May 2006 at 09:41

Thomasi is the correct plural form. Always good to see another one, I thought we were endangered. As for your bar code scheme you will find us more troublesome to capture then the Michaels as we tend to be more nimble and quick.

Here are some more fighting words: I will be more than pleased to crush n00bs when I reaquire a DS in June. Just because I have never played Hunters doesn’t mean I won’t be kicking ass. It’s a game, therefore I am good at it.

7. 5 May 2006 at 10:31

I’ve always preferred Thomii, myself.

8. 5 May 2006 at 10:51

Id is indeed correct. Michaels are easier to catch, as we come in 6-packs. The packaging tie thingy makes it harder to run away.