More Hardcore Than I

I've been watching the Ink Me Up 8-bit Style LiveJournal community for a while (almost for as long as it has existed), because it's interesting to see what people get tattooed on themselves. Naturally, there have been many tats related to the popular games properties: Zelda, Final Fantasy, Mario. Rarer are the Metroid-related tattoos, so it was nice to see this tattoo of Samus from Super Metroid as seen in the pause/status menu in the game. It would look cooler if it was coloured.

I don't think I could ever get a tattoo, let alone a game-related tattoo. It's not that I'm conservative in that respect, it's that I worry I would change my mind about it, and then regret having the ink done. However, it's possible that a design that had a lot of personal meaning would be all right, but I have no idea what I could possibly want drawn on me for the rest of my life.

6 comments for “More Hardcore Than I

1. Dyannamika
    28 October 2005 at 03:45

Brinstar.

I know you secretly want to get a big Seamus tattoo!

I know this because of my 1337 psyonic powers!

2. 28 October 2005 at 03:48

Oh my God. You spelled her name wrong. I do not know you. I disavow any knowledge of your existence.

3. Dyannamika
    28 October 2005 at 03:49

Brinstar

Damn! I’m sick, My eyes are burning and I can’t spell today!

4. 28 October 2005 at 03:52

Okay, I forgive you.

I don’t actually want to get a Samus tattoo. I’ve thought maybe a huge thing on my back, because if you’re going to get ink done, you might as well make it big and spectacular, but I can’t think of anything.

5. Dyannamika
    28 October 2005 at 03:55

Hmmm… that’s the trickiest part. You could get wings or a dragon? Or something.

I almost got a tat once, but decided not to because I can never make up my mind.

And my mom would kill me.

6. 28 October 2005 at 10:53

What did you almost get?

Wings almost never look right, because if you had real wings, the would be much much longer than the length of your back. Though, having said that, Hyde from L’Arc~en~Ciel has a tattoo of wings that aren’t too bad.

As for dragons, they’re almost as cliched as wings… Perhaps the ‘right’ dragon. I don’t even know.

See? This is why I should never get a tattoo! I just can’t decide!