Game Purchases for the Rest of the Year

• Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy (I find the English title annoying, so I’m using the Japanese one)
  • Indigo Prophecy Fahrenheit — I’ve been doing some digging and I found out that the American version has been censored. I know it’s just one sex scene, but I’m going to import it (or tap one of my UK-based friends to send it to me…). Apparently the European version is how the designers intended it to be. *sigh* I’m a purist and really particular. Ohh, I don’t know! It might be a pain to play it on the PC. :-/ Maybe I will wait until the American release, and then decide…
  • Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth — Can’t believe I forgot about this one. Was reminded the other day when I saw Josh’s post about Nintendo submitting a patent for insanity systems in games. I don’t know what’s going on with this. The Bethesda Softworks site says 4th quarter 2005, but GameSpot says March 2006. If it comes out on PC this year, I’ll get it…
  • Neverwinter Nights

I am not getting Shadow of the Colossus until I play ICO. ICO is on The Pile. I have decided that I am going to use my store credit at GameStop, not to buy Sigma Star Saga, but to reserve Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy and Indigo Prophecy.

I think this is it. I have too many other games that I haven’t played/completed yet.

Note to self: No deviation from this list is allowed!

Note to others: You can suggest additions to this list, but after the weekend, the list will be firm. :>

17 comments for “Game Purchases for the Rest of the Year

1. 1 September 2005 at 04:50

Ooh, new header graphic! :) My stack of games I need to finish keeps growing. God of War, Chaos Theory, Thief Deadly Shadows… I think I might just spend a week around christmas catching up non stop.

2. 1 September 2005 at 05:37

If only I had the fortitude to finish ICO. Sadly, I don’t have enough spare time to stare at the TV and wonder where the bloody door is :)

I’ll definately be trying Colosuss though.

3. 1 September 2005 at 14:22

I wish I had the discipline to keep to a buy-list of two, especially with the big strategy fall that’s shaping up.

Thankfully, a review copy of Sims 2 Nightlife has landed in my lap, so that knocks one game off the list.

4. 2 September 2005 at 03:35

Believe me, it’s going to be very difficult. One of my friends just sent me an email talking up Shadow of the Colossus. My little brain is now trying to justify purchasing Shadow (ICO is a really short game, I could get the sequel…).

I must develop an iron will!

5. 2 September 2005 at 05:53

And I’m very much looking forward to Indigo Prophecy. I’m not sure I can wait on GameFly for it, although it sorta feels like a rental … but they’ve been dreadfully slow.

6. 2 September 2005 at 06:52

Well, of course the new Katamari is a must. But I know deep down, deep down you want to get NWN. But of course, that doesn’t leave much time for other important endevors, such as watching anime and playing GW with me. :P

7. 2 September 2005 at 07:13

Stop tempting me, you siren!

I thought you said that that I didn’t have to get NWN?

8. 2 September 2005 at 09:38

You have to get NWN! If only to play anything built by Stefan Gagne you have to get NWN.

9. 2 September 2005 at 09:54

Damn you all to hell! :-D I already know this is a decent game, because because people talk. Okay, okay! I think NWN is an old enough game that it can be obtained at a reasonable price… Yes? I think… Does it matter whether it is CD-ROM or DVD version?

(I was actually reading something yesterday about the camera controls in NWN. Although what I was reading was a negative view of the controls, I kind of disagreed with the article.)

10. 2 September 2005 at 10:10

Oh, and if you have a GBA you simply gotta get Rebelstar when it comes out. Gotta.

11. 2 September 2005 at 10:33

Well, if you do pick up NWN and do go online – I would love to join you. I’ve had the game for some time and have wanted to try out the online but never did. For some reason didn’t want to try with completely random folk.

I don’t have any of the expansions (not sure if that matters or not).

12. 2 September 2005 at 13:42

You should be able to get NWN Platinum cheap on eBay – it’s got the main game and both expansions (both of which outclass the original game) on a single DVD. I want a copy but sadly it’s impossible to find in the UK. :(

13. 2 September 2005 at 14:07

Pete: PC games don’t have region lock-outs, yes? I have some PC games which I bought in the UK a few years ago, and they play fine on my computer, so it should work the other way round?

If you don’t have any nice American friends who can buy a copy of NWN Platinum and send it to you at-cost, I can if you like. :-) Email me, if you so desire.

14. 3 September 2005 at 04:38

Hmm… yes, NWN. Now we can play that online too.

:$ The NWN platinum is definately worth it.

I’m trying to find an expansion so that I can make my tiefling have a tail. Or have a tielfing. Damn, you know me and planetouched. What are we going to do when that DND MMORPG comes out?

15. 3 September 2005 at 06:21

Dyannamika, when that D&D MMORPG comes out, you’ll have to pay a monthly fee… I don’t know… I’d feel like I have to play all the time to get my money’s worth…

Yeah, I know you and planetouched. I should play one of those someday, so I know exactly why you’re so enamoured of them. :-P

16. 5 September 2005 at 01:00

I think it’s the stat boosts. I’m a munchkin at heart, I have to admit.

I like having a 19 or 20 at first level.
    :) And Aasimaars only have level adjustment as a penalty, whilst tieflings have a -2 to charisma, and a +2 to dex and to int. They make awesome rogue/fighters or wizards.

I play them so often I’m used to leveling on a level adjustment. :)

Aaaah. Such a nerd I am!

17. 5 September 2005 at 04:21

I was always taught that munchkin-ism is bad. Ergo, you must be bad! :O

I cannot believe I am associated with such geekery.